Rememberance by Michelle Madow

Goodreads
Amazon
Author's Website




Then Drew Carmichael transfers into Lizzie's school at the beginning of the year, and she feels a connection to him, almost like she knows him. She can't stop thinking about him, but whenever she tries talking with him about the mysteries behind her feelings, he makes it clear that he wants nothing to do with her. Reaching him is even more difficult because she has a boyfriend, Jeremy, who has started to become full of himself after being elected co-captain of the varsity soccer team, and her flirtatious best friend Chelsea starts dating Drew soon after his arrival. So why can't she seem to get him out of her mind?
Even though Lizzie knows she should let go of her fascination with Drew, the pair of them soon find that fighting fate isn't going to be easy.


When I had first read the synopsis of this book, The romantic in me could not help but want to read it. There was a sweetness to it, a sort of Romeo & Juliet (the Leonardo Decaprio version). When the author emailed me, she mentioned that the book was based on Taylor Swift's Love Story video. Despite the fact that I hate her, her music is actually kind of good. So for the actual inspiration of the book, I give Michelle kudos for originality. As I have mentioned before in some of my posts, I am a sucker for love stories. This is definitely one. Without knowing it, Lizzie had a past with the new guy and never knew it till the moment she laid eyes on him. Drew has the swoon worthy personality that we girls die for. Selflessly, he wants to protect Lizzie from the inevitability of what could happen between them. But wait! Stop the Presses! She has a Boyfriend, a jealous one at that. Jeremy, who is kind of a bit clueless at times, could feel some sort of attraction between them.
I can honestly say this book is one of my fave indie books this year! Really has potential to become a big hit.


0 Opinions:

Post a Comment