Dead until Dark by Charlaine Harris


Description-
 Sookie Stackhouse is just a small-time cocktail waitress in small-town Louisiana. Until the vampire of her dreams walks into her life-and one of her coworkers checks out....

Maybe having a vampire for a boyfriend isn't such a bright idea.

A fun, fast, funny, and wonderfully intriguing blend of vampire and mystery that's hard to put down, and should not be missed.















 The real point of re-reading this book was not only so I can get a refresher of how the series began, but also so I can have a reason to talk about all things True Blood. Before I start comparing, I have to say, this was quite the entertaining book! There were moments I could not stop laughing. I had originally started reading this story post-sparkly vampires, so I was in shock at how this world was so easily created.
 In this humorous story, Sookie, a waitress at a bar in the deep deep deep down south, finds herself in the presence of a vampire and little did she know, that guy would bring her a hit HBO tv series and best selling book series in the next few years. 
Just had to add that in.
This book is definitely not for kids or young teens!
Even though Sookie had been a twenty something year old virgin, Bill sure took care of that. Nice and slow. With him being a 300+ vamp, he sure knew what he was doing! 
The first moment you pick this book up, you would not expect to read about sex, blood being sold as drugs, or other serious related topics. But that is what makes reading it so much fun. Between the humor, there always lies an underlying message. 

Do not be fooled!
This series like any other turned into a movie or a show, deviates from the original plot lines. There will be characters added, characters taken out, little snip cuts....
So if you read the book, then decide to watch the show, do not be surprised. You have been warned!


                                                                        3.5 stars

5 Opinions:

Tyraa said...

I love Trueblood but I haven't read the books yet. Cute blog! Great review. I'm a few follower and will be visiting A L O T :)

Athina said...

Thanks! I look forward to being followed!

BrendaC said...

I love anything that Charlaine Harris writes. I started watching True Blood after reading the series and I must say I enjoy the books way more than the tv series. I loved the Aurora Teagarden series and I keep hoping that we will eventually get another book from the Harper Connelly series. Love your blog and I am now following you.

Unknown said...

I love Charlaine Harris. I am not really a gorey reader but there is so much humor in her books that I fell in love with them. I also got to meet her at a writer's conference. She is so sweet. It's hard to believe that she writes the books! Continue reading. They are great. I am a new follower and would love a return follow when you have a moment. Thanks. Donna
I also have a give away going on. Would love for you to enter.
http://mylife-in-stories.blogspot.com

Steff said...

I've read only this book out of the series so far, but I'm looking forward to continuing it!

Nice blog, I'm your newest follower! Would appreciate a follow back if you can check out my blog! Thanks!

http://bibliosanctum.blogspot.com/

Post a Comment