Divergent by Veronica Roth

Goodreads
Book Depository
Amazon


Description-
Beatrice "Tris" Prior has reached the fateful age of sixteen, the stage at which teenagers in Veronica Roth's dystopian Chicago must select which of five factions to join for life. Each faction represents a virtue: Candor, Abnegation, Dauntless, Amity, and Erudite. To the surprise of herself and her selfless Abnegation family, she chooses Dauntless, the path of courage. Her choice exposes her to the demanding, violent initiation rites of this group, but it also threatens to expose a personal secret that could place in mortal danger. Veronica Roth's young adult Divergent trilogy launches with a captivating adventure about love and loyalty playing out under most extreme circumstances.


The biggest question on my mind would have to be.... what happen to the rest of the world? Making the main focus of the book Chicago was cool and all, but was the rest of the world the same way? Was it divided into subsections? Though I know writers (like the rest of us human) are flawed, I should cut this one some slack. Though this book did remind me of The Giver, but everyone is older. 
Can I say how pretty the cover is? Go ahead. Look at it. 
Okay time's up! Am I the only who feels like the fire would make a crazy tattoo? 
Personally, this was one of the stories that makes you feel like if you are watching an action adventure movie. Though I tip my hat to Hunger Games, this book kicks ass in the Dystopian Romance section. I love a great romance story, and that was exactly what I got. Four was like Dimitri in a younger-less-Yoda version (For those of you who do not understand who Dimitri is, read Vampire Academy! You won't regret it!). 
The only thing that truly bugged me was the ending. After all those breathe stopping moments, it ended with a blah. Not a Bam, a BLAH. It was like the moment after the fireworks, those few minutes where you are like 'So what do I do now?' Yes, it was that sad. Now don't let that discourage you. I KNOW that the sequel will have to surpass this one, otherwise Roth will lose a fan.






4 stars... Only because the ending sucked!

1 Opinions:

Sherry Soule said...

Thanks sharing your honest thoughts and opinions about the book. I look forward to reading this novel.

~Sherry

Sherry Soule Official Website

Author of the Spellbound Series

Post a Comment