Wildefire by Karsten Knight

Goodreads
Book Depository
Amazon


Description-
Every flame begins with a spark.
Ashline Wilde is having a rough sophomore year. She’s struggling to find her place as the only Polynesian girl in school, her boyfriend just cheated on her, and now her runaway sister, Eve, has decided to barge back into her life. When Eve’s violent behavior escalates and she does the unthinkable, Ash transfers to a remote private school nestled in California’s redwoods, hoping to put the tragedy behind her. But her fresh start at Blackwood Academy doesn’t go as planned. Just as Ash is beginning to enjoy the perks of her new school—being captain of the tennis team, a steamy romance with a hot, local park ranger—Ash discovers that a group of gods and goddesses have mysteriously enrolled at Blackwood… and she’s one of them. To make matters worse, Eve has resurfaced to haunt Ash, and she’s got some strange abilities of her own. With a war between the gods looming over campus, Ash must master the new fire smoldering within before she clashes with her sister one more time… And when warm and cold fronts collide, there’s guaranteed to be a storm.

   From the first chapter, I had a feeling that Ash was a complete and total bitch. Sorry but it ended up being partially true. The characters in this book seem so full of themselves and think they deserve the world. It's absolutely ridiculous. Never have I read a book with a group of teens with such disgusting personalities. Oh wait! Yes I have, Pretty Little Liars!
   The only Kick-Ass thing about it was how everything was very movie-action packed it was. That was it. I will admit that at certain times I was so tempted to just stop reading because I got a bit bored. When I read, I expect to be entertained. That doesn't mean I should have to go look for something else to take away the boredom. 
   Overall, With it's unique concepts and plot, I had bigger expectations. None of them were met.
What did you guys think of this book?


My rating- 2








0 Opinions:

Post a Comment